Nani Still In ‘Love’ With Man Utd, Open To Possible Return

Tearful Celebration: Luis Nani Says His Return to Manchester United Depends on a Lot of Factors. Image: Getty.

Portuguese winger, Luis Nani says he still “loves” Manchester United and has been in regular contact with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.
Nani joined Sporting Lisbon from the Premier League club on a season-long loan as part of the deal that brought Marcos Rojo to
Old Trafford last summer.


He said he is open to the possibility of returning to United once his loan at Sporting expires.
“I love Manchester United,” the 28-year-old told The Guardian. “The only decision I made (last summer) was to play more and be me again, because I lost a lot of things there last season due to injuries and the change of manager.


Tearful Celebration: Luis Nani Says His Return to Manchester United Depends on a Lot of Factors. Image: Getty.
“You never know the future,” Nani added. “It depends on a lot of things. If United want me to stay then with a different mentality I think we can work well next season but there are a lot of things to discuss and see.”
Nani has been in rich vein of form this season with eight goals in 25 appearances for the Portuguese side. He broke down in tears after scoring in the 2-0 win over Gil Vincente last Sunday. He said he was unable to contain his emotion because of “personal stuff.”

The winger, who joined the Red Devils from Sporting in 2007, revealed Woodward messaged him to congratulate him after that goal.
“I receive some texts from Ed Woodward,” Nani said. “He texted me about the goal [on Sunday] and the great season I am having here.”

Comments

Popular Posts