President Muhammadu Buhari has approved some Ecological Fund Intervention Projects in 11 states of the country for the 4th Quarter of 2016.
Adebiyi listed the projects and their various locations as:
- Kebbi State: Erosion and Flood Control Project of Rice Fields in Suru, Bagudu and Shanga Local Government Areas.
- Kaduna State: Remediation of Sludge at Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Company (Phase II).
- Ogun State: Flood and Erosion Control Works in Abeokuta Township.
- Osun State: Channelisation and De-Silting of Okoko and Ogbagba Rivers in Osogbo Township.
- Cross River State: Adiabo Okutikang Beach Gully Erosion Control Works, Odukpani Local Government Area.
- Delta State: Remediation of Sludge Pit and Oil Spillage at Warri Refinery (Phase II).
- Adamawa State: Mubi Flood Erosion Control Works and River Yadzaram Training (Phase I).
- Bauchi State: Erosion and Flood Control Works in Bogoro Towa, Bogoro Local Government Area and in GadonToro/Market Road, Toro Local Government Area.
- Anambra State: Erosion Control Works at Nda, Nnobi and, Agbor, Idemili Local Government Area.
- Imo State: Owalla – Avuvu Erosion Control Works (Phase II).
- Benue State: Amper Flood Hazards and Erosion Control Works; Gully Erosion Control Works at Federal Government College, Itobi.
He said, “When these projects are completed, the sufferings of the affected communities will be ameliorated. There will be increased food production which will stimulate the economy and lead to the creation of jobs”.
The ecological fund receives 2 per cent of the Federation Account. It is meant to be used to tackle ecological problems ravaging communities across the country.