Tyson Fury Admits To Using Cocaine | Says, ‘I Just Don’t Want To Live Any More’


Tyson Fury's rearranged rematch with Wladimir Klitschko is expected to take place in November Credit: REX FEATURES
Tyson Fury has admitted to taking cocaine over the past six months and does not know if he will see the year out, saying: “I hope someone kills me before I kill myself.”
The confession is coming as he battles bipolar disorder, with the world heavyweight champion once again casting doubt on whether he will box again.
Tyson Fury (green shorts) on his way to victory over Christian Hammer
Tyson Fury (green shorts) on his way to victory over Christian Hammer [Getty Images]
During an interview with Rolling Stone, which was published on Tuesday, the 28-year-old appears to confirm recent reports of a positive test for the drug and opens up on the depression keeping him out of the ring.Fury, who backtracked from his pledge to retire from the sport on Monday, admitted that he had taken the drug “in the last few months” and raised questions about whether he would even live to the end of the year.

The world heavyweight champion is receiving professional help for mental health issues that have arisen as a result of what he called a “witch-hunt” against him following his victory against Wladimir Klitschko in November last year.
“It’s been a witch-hunt ever since I won that world title,” he said. “Ever since I got a bit of fame for doing good there’s been a witch-hunt on me because of my background, because of who I am and what I do, there’s hatred for travellers and gypsies around the world. Especially in the United Kingdom.
“Especially with the British Boxing Board of Control and some of the sanctioning bodies of the world titles. From then on, they’ve tried to get me chucked out of boxing because they cannot tame me, they cannot hire me, I’m not for sale, no one can turn a key in my back, no one can do nothing to stop me. So now they’re saying I took some cocaine and whatever.”
Asked if he meant that he had never taken cocaine, the 6-foot-9, 250-pound baldheaded champ said:
“Listen, I’ve done a lot of things in my life. I’ve done lots of cocaine. Lots of it. Why shouldn’t I take cocaine? It’s my life, isn’t it? I can do what I want. Yeah, I have done cocaine. Plenty of people have done cocaine as well. What the fuck has that got to do with anything? That ain’t a performance-enhancing drug.
“ Am I not allowed to have a life now as well? Do they want to take my personal life off me, too? I’ve not been in a gym for months. I’ve not been training. I’ve been going through depression. I just don’t want to live any more, if you know what I’m saying. I’ve had total enough of it. They’ve forced me to the breaking edge. Never mind cocaine. I just didn’t care. I don’t want to live any more. So cocaine is a little minor thing compared to not wanting to live any more.
“I hope I die every day. And that’s a bad thing to say when I’ve got three children and a lovely wife, isn’t it? But I don’t want to live any more. And if I could take me own life – and I wasn’t a Christian – I’d take it in a second. I just hope someone kills me before I kill me self. I’ll have to spend eternity in hell.”
Fury has not fought since taking Wladimir Klitschko’s heavyweight belts off him last November, with their proposed rematch now cancelled twice at Fury’s request.

Comments

Popular Posts